Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Newly Discovered Fashion Inspiration

Last night from an advertisment on another blog - I discovered Mod Cloth. Browsing through the dresses - I was absolutely delighted to find quite a few very orginial and vintage-inspired frocks. (many of them are also quite modest!) Being a seamstress, I usually don't buy dresses ready made - but I am very inspired by the Mod Cloth designs.





They also have some amazing shoes. I adore shoes. If I had the $$, I would probably end up having an entire closet full of vintage-like heels!



I love many of their coats and jackets - the cut is so perfect to wear with dresses! 



The blue 'Drummer Girl' coat reminds me of the military-inspired dresses and paletots of the 1860s!

Do you have any favorite indie online fashion shops?

5 comments:

Celine said...

those are SO CUTE!!!!! I'll have to go over there and take a look :)

Nibs said...

Oh goodness, these are so nice! (And you're right, a lot of them are modest...) Thanks for the link! ^_^

Lydia Covey, Harpist said...

OH!!!! I LOVE those!!! Atlanta dear girl, you've made me discontent :).
oh how adorable that top dress is, and with those darling purple-ish shoes.... oh dear. I need to get on that website... or maybe I dont ;).

I do alot of browsing on Christa-Taylor and J Crew is pretty much my most favorite online store to drool over... if only I had the $$.

Atlanta said...

Lol! I apologize Lydia!

that first dress IS adorable. I've been looking for a vintage 50s-60s pattern similar to that for years. Someday....

Amy said...

Aaahh!! Those are so cute!!!
I want them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails