Monday, May 3, 2010

I Love Vintage Heels

 I have been delighted to see so many vintage styles coming into vogue lately - shoes not least. Of course, many designers have gone over the top with the platform heel  or vintage craze - but if you look careful there are some styles that can work for 'normal' people too. lol.



Oxfords can be very nice. Not too dressy - yet quite chic. I like how the linen material keeps it looking simple and not too glamorous.  From Marie's Vintage.



I bought some heels on sale at Kohl's last fall similar to these Mary Janes. Mine are in brown leather. I've only worn them once so far, but I really like the style!

I found these amazing 40s black pumps on Etsy the other night - and in my size! What do you think?


I love the two-color detailing on these 'Olivia' pumps. How beautiful would these be for a vintage-inspired wedding?


I do like peep-toes. These Apt. 9 heels in black are very classy.

A few more finds:











What do you think about all this rage over vintage? Like it or hate it?
Do you have any favorites?

13 comments:

Darby May said...

I like the first ones. They are so pretty! Especially for people with small feet! Not me!:)

Stephanie Ann said...

I love all of these shoes, I normally can never find shoes that I like. I like the mary janes with heels it makes it a more mature shoe rather than a schoolgirl shoe.

Cole said...

love it! The olivia pumps are probably my favorite. lovely blog. :)

nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

Lydia Covey, Harpist said...

Eeeek!! Atlanta, you've hit my favorite topic.... SHOES!!!! and vintage!!! Oooh my :).
I think the white mary jane heels and olivia wedding pumps are my faves. But I like them all! I would wear heels all the time if I could.
My absolutely favorite shoes are these little kitten heel red pumps. They are so vintagy and I wear them all the time :-P

I think I totally need some new shoes now....

Atlanta said...

Now - Lydia. I have personally seen your closet - and I know for a fact you have more cute vintagey shoes than anyone I know. And that's a good thing. *grin* But - who says a girl can have enough shoes?
I'm glad you like my finds. I wish they were all in my closet. hehe.

I miss you lots! How was the Jefferson ball?

Fiddlin Girl said...

Ooh, SHOES!! I LOVE shoes!! I think I like the ones that are similar to yours best, and then those green and brown pumps near the bottom (can't remember the name).. I wouldn't have it in green, but the style is cute!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Love ya!! Miss ya!!! Sarah

Micah-Noel said...

So pretty! My favorite are the grey patent mary janes.

Lydia Covey, Harpist said...

Hehe Atlanta!! You make me smile :). I'd forgotten you'd seen my closet, dear me... But yes!! Every girl is entitled to shoes, the more the merrier!
The ball was nice, though definitely not the same without friends and a nice big group to dance with. I'll have to email you soon.

Lydia Covey, Harpist said...

Oh yes, and I just caught sight of those Italian Pink mules again. I LIKE!!! I'm picturing a pretty white dress and those loverly sandles...
Dear me, I'd better stop while I'm ahead :-P

Sassy Gal said...

Hey Sweet Atlanta!
Love this post! And I am adoring the Blue Piazza's and the the pink Italian Mules...OH, just what we need out here in the West TX dirt! LOL!!

Hope to see ya soon!
Ashley

Polka Dot said...

I LOVE the second ones! I would wear those every day. :-)

Aurora said...

*sigh* those are soo pretty!! I just LOVE the first pair!

The Dreamstress said...

Oooh, love the first pair, and the olive deco shoes! So much to love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails