Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Free Book Swap!

So, today I became a member of Paper Back Swap and Swap a DVD . Both look to be promising.

I'm especially excited about Paper Back Swap (which is for all types of books, not just paperbacks!) Basically the idea is: You  have books you don't want - you list the books on the site, other people request your books, you mail them, and in return you get 'credits' which enable  you to then order books other people have posted! Quite fun, actually.  Swap a DVD is the same idea.....only with DVDs....(obviously).

When you list your first 10 books, you automatically get 2 free credits. I've already spent mine - I requested  The Black Arrow by R.L. Stevenson, and Under the Lilacs by L.M. Alcott. Can't wait for them to arrive!

If you would like to see the books I've listed, click here. I've got quite a few Christian historical books posted, which some of you girls might be interested in. If you join, I would appreciate if you would list me ( my nickname on PaperBackSwap is avictorian) as your referrer. :^)

Have fun swapping books! I certainly am!

8 comments:

nuranar said...

How exciting! I just sent you a friend request. I've been on PBS for over 3 years now, and I've swapped and received well over 100 books. It's a lot of fun! Book Mooch is another swapping site I'm on, that has the option for international swapping as well.

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Ooh, that sounds like fun!! Definitely a neat idea...
I have wanted to read 'Under the lilacs', so you will have to tell me how it is. :)

Have a lovely evening!!
Sarah

PrincessR said...

"Black Arrow" is good. The writing is a bit hard to follow at first, but the story is good.
I have heard about Paperback Swap before. You will have to let me know how it goes!!!
~Rebecca

Charity U said...

Black Arrow is one of my favorite books! It's got some really fun things in it. :) I haven't read Under the Lilacs, but knowing the author...I would like to!

Natalie L. said...

Welcome to PaperBackSwap! I've been a member for about 3 years now. I love it. I've swapped just under 50 books in that time. :-D One thing I learned the hard way though is to never let your credits get to zero if you have any books on your wish list. If one of them should come in, and you can't order it, then you'll lose it if someone else is also wishing for it. Have fun!

Kellie said...

I'm sure you'll enjoy both The Black Arrow & Under the Lilacs - they're childhood favorites for me=)

Love your new profile picture, Atlanta!

Blessings,
~Kellie~

Chip said...

Thanks for recommending this! I'm so excited to begin trading, I just can't decide which books to pick first. :D

All Things Lovely said...

We would love for you to be a part of the growing community at dwellonlovely.com. Blessings! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails