Thursday, March 24, 2011

Your Wardrobe Unlocked 2011 Contest




Have you heard!?
The 2011 Douple Period Project Costume Competition hosted by Your Wardrobe Unlockd has been announced!  The time periods chosen are 1812 and 1912!!

Do go and read all about it... Basically, you can chosen either (or both!) of the time periods, and sew a period or semi-period project (full wardrobe, or just a piece), documented with pictures, and enter it into one of the difficulty levels with the possibility of winning some amazing prizes!

I'm super excited! Last year the time periods weren't going to work for me, but this year 1812 is just perfect! I forsee its going to be a summer full of regency sewing....



No clue yet what I'm going to make, but I'll have to start keeping my eyes open for inspiration.

Is anyone else planning to enter?

7 comments:

the Vintage Rose said...

i was SO excited when I heard what the years were for the DPP this year! I LOVE the Regency. Reaaaaally want to enter too! :)

Papillon Bleu said...

I wish you all the luck!
Not so long ago, I was thinking that one of your dresses would be perfect for me to go for a long walk amongst the daffodils. The countyside is glorious at this season. Hope you and your family are well.
:)

Morgan Kathryn said...

Oh wow! THat's sounds AmAzInG! :)

Beth said...

I wanted 1812 *last* year! And this year I want to do 1790's. Hmph, it's all backwards. :)

Kellie said...

Oh, delicious! I'll be thinking about this - so glad to find out about it! Both eras are special favorites of mine. . .=)

Hana - Marmota said...

Oh dear, the picture they posted for 1812 is one of my favourites, and my secret wish to recreate one day! But I'm totally not up to that yet, and have other plans... so no, I'm not entering. Goodluck with your project!

OldFashionGirl said...

This looks great! Thank you for posting! Now... I have to buy a membership!

Love your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails