Actually sewing on my wedding dress now!
One of my original sketches for the dress, experimenting with different sleeves. I feel safe in posting this because I unexpectedly made some radical changes in the design of the dress....so this is actually not current....but still gives you an idea. Silk taffeta under dress with a sheer white dress over. I'm getting so excited! I hope it turns out like what I have envisioned.
It's taking me longer than I thought because I decided to hand-sew the entire sheer dress. It's alot....but I know it will be that much more special when it's completed.
Reasearching styles and techniques from the 1860s has taken longer than anticipated as well. I always have so many little questions and quandries about method when I actually get down into a project, and they must be answered before moving forward!
A sneak-peek. This is *part* of the dress. The silk taffeta part. It took forever to finish - didn't help that after painstakingly hand-sewing the gauged skirt to the bodice, I decided to make a 1/2" fitting change, and had to re-do it all! But, now it's finished, and I am well on the way with the next part of the ensemble.
No sleeves or overskirt yet, but one of my first fitting looks in the mirror at the gown beginning to be complete! :)