Monday, October 6, 2014

Peach Silk Regency Apron Front Dress



A Regency dress commission I was working on most of the summer for a client in Australia. Not that the dress should have taken all summer - but I worked on it here and there in bits and pieces, and there was *lots* of handwork, so things went slowly. It was so nice to finally get it all put together!

The pattern is the wonderful Regency apron-front style that I love so much. The fabric is a gorgeous semi sheer silk and cotton blend made by J Crew, shimmery peach in color with a teeny cream colored pinstripe. The fabric was a dream, so ethereal.




Edges of neck and sleeves have a bit of lace edging.

Very small fitted back bodice, and super full gathered skirt.

 Dress shown worn with a simple V-neck chemisette.

An elegant train in back. (This dress also has detachable long sleeves, not shown)

Just before finishing the dress I had also made this really fun orange/gold silk Regency weskit. I loved the way it coordinated with the peach dress! (this was not part of the dress order, just a little something I got inspired to make) Instead of my usual lacing in front, I went with covered buttons this time - and I really adore the look. I want to do more in this style in different colors for the shop.




The weskit shown and two style of regency chemisettes are currently available in my Etsy shop, which by-the-by has a new name. My old shop that was named 'Bonny Blue Historical Clothing', is now simply 'Atlanta Goodwin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gown and weskit. You are so very talented!

Margo said...

so gorgeous! I just re-watched Sense and Sensibility and wished for some of those beautiful dresses. . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails