Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Little Red Riding Hood.....that isn't red....

I love adding cute accessories to my reenactment wardrobe. This fall I finally finished the "Little Red Riding Hood" Pattern from Peterson's 1862. I didn't do it exactly as the directions specified, for I didn't feel up to doing all those little scalloped edges. Instead, I did a bias binding in matching fabric. The outer fabric is a lightweight tan wool, and the lining/bows/binding are done in a lovely blue/green silk. This is a super simple and easy project!





4 comments:

Amy said...

I really love it!!! It's so adorable, the blue looks very pretty on you! Great job! :D

Lydia Covey said...

I love the hood!! You look darling, and those are great pictures!
Yay that you have a blog - I know I'll enjoy you posts.
I hope we can get together soon...

Fiddlin Girl said...

Love bonnet!! I am lucky to get to have seen it in person!! Enjoy wearing it. Hey, is that picture from that one fort y'all have told us about??
Sarah

Atlanta said...

Thanks everyone! FG, yes, the picture is at the fort!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails