Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Vintage Cowgirl Photoshoot + eShakti Dress Review

Have you heard of eShakti? It is an online ready made and custom dress shop that offers classy styles and super fast service. Well, I recently recieved my own eShakti creation!

After much considering (there are so many lovely frocks to choose from!) I chose  the

The sleeves, skirt and neckline were all available to customize in style and length.
The first thing that grabbed my attention was the unique and fun printed cotton fabirc. Orange and red fairytale castles amid scattered roses! So perfectly adorable.

I had the dress custom fit. On eShakti, you can either choose from the full range of ready made sizes, or you can give them your measurments through their easy measurements chart, and your dress with be custom made for you! I found it very successful, the fit of the dress is excellent.


When I was first envisioning the dress, I was thinking to do retro 40s-50s theme with heels, but when the dress actually arrived, I happened to be wearing my cowboy boots (I am, most days....:) and that got me thinking that the style would also lend itself well to a vintage western/praire look. (or perhaps it's because I've been watching too many Roy Rogers movies lately.....)

At any rate, I can see this dress being extremely versatile and comfortable for a myriad of different occasions, whether it's picking cucumbers in the garden or attending an evening swing dance!


LOVE the details. Fitted, comfy smocking at the waist and ruffled, puffed sleeves. Neckline is high in back, dipping to a narrow V in front accented with two fabric buttons and loops.

  

Pockets! Nothing is handier than a dress with nice big pockets!


The eShakti Custom label


Possibly my favorite thing about the dress - a lovely full skirt with soft lines that fall just right.

Go and take a look at all the dresses eShakti has to offer - I am very impressed with the selection and style.
One of the things I like best - the dresses stay up-to-date with fashion trends, but remain classy.  And since you can customize skirt lengths, there shall be no more complaining about not being able to find dresses with skirts that are long enough! :)

From 50s swing dresses, to bridesmaids, formals, day dresses and casual skirts, eShakti seems to have it all! Take a look and tell me which pieces are your favorites! Here are a few of mine...


 



A big thanks to eShakti for the great dress and fabulous service!




6 comments:

Kellie said...

Atlanta!
How delightful! I noticed this frock on their website a few months back and loved it. It looks perfectly adorable on you=)

And I am insanely jealous of your short puffed sleeves and green grass - it looks rather like a fairytale to poor, ice-bound me;)

Also, very nice boots.
~Kellie~

Unknown said...

Atlanta, How lovely! I have never heard of this place before, but the dress is wonderful and I love the customized skirt length options!
~Chip

P.S. I am looking forward with excitement to the historical fashion event! Though I haven't yet figured out what to make or if I have time. . . I will enjoy it even if I can't participate!

Rowenna said...

Too cute! That neckline is one of the most flattering, ladylike styles I can think of :)

Unknown said...

Oooo! I love the dress you chose! It's a great style: fun, flattering, feminine, comfortable....
I'm off to check out the dress for myself ; )

Chloe M. Kookogey said...

Atlanta, this dress is absolutely adorable! I love the sleeves, pockets, fabric, everything. :) You look just lovely in it.

Blessings,
Elizabeth Rose

Anonymous said...

The cowgirl dress is adorable. Thanks for posting.

Caytlin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails