Monday, March 19, 2012

New Camera!

Got a new camera this week! Our old camera got dropped and messed up not too long ago, so I thought it would be a good time to go ahead and purchase a camera like I have been talking about getting for a while....After doing a little (a very little) research on Amazon, I decided to get the  Nikon D3100.
It sounded exactly like what I wanted - easy to use, excellent quality pictures, the capabablity for some bigger lenses eventually, and HD video!
So far I have been very pleased with all of it - it's exciting to have a camera of my own for the first time, and I am hoping to become a better photographer. I know there is lots for me to learn...
My brother also talked me into buying a separate lens, the - Nikkor 70-300 mm Telephoto lens. I can't wait to use this at upcoming reenactments for far-away battle pictures!

A few pictures taken so far....

I'm loving the clearness of the pictures and the capability for different points of focus.


The view across our beautifully green wheatfield

Sweet smelling wildflowers...I like being able to blur the background for effect! :)

This may not seem like a very epic picture - but it's sort of a big deal to me....it was taken in our kitchen at night which has terrible lighting for photography. Our old camera always blurred the pictures terribly when I was trying to take pics of yummies in the kitchen. But now.....don't have to worry about that! yeah! (those are sweet potato pies, by the by....) That was one of the reasons the D3100 sounded so appealing to me - the high range of ISO settings for low-light situations. Because our house just doesn't have good lighting most of the day.

Texas has the most beautiful skies!

Do you have any photography tips? What sort of camera do you prefer?

6 comments:

Stephanie Ann said...

I am so jealous! The photos look great!

Anna Faith said...

NO FAIR!

Stephanie said...

That's great that you got that camera!! I bought my Canon XS almost a year ago... and love it. Yes, I prefer Canon. :D Also... you asked for photography tips... here's a couple posts where I've talked about that. Other wise this will be a REALLY LONG comment. ;)

Link 1:
http://godslittledesigner.blogspot.com/2011/11/5-tips-for-good-photography.html

Link 2:
http://ourfamilyviewfromustwo.blogspot.com/2011/11/oh-snap-tkb-edition.html

I also have a photography blog (first link below). Hope this helps! :)

~Stephanie
http://tkb-stephanie.blogspot.com
http://thekingsbookworm.blogspot.com

Blythe said...

I recently bought a camera...I'm still waiting for it arrival,but I can't wait.

Congratulations on your new one.

I would just experiment with the ISO settings and all that fun stuff and see the difference in your photographs. Experimenting is a good way to learn.

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Fun!! Glad you got the camera. And video is really fun, too!! My friend had one that did video, and we took some fun short vids. :) They turned out really funny, too! And it was all in the spur of the moment.. but no worrying about getting out a big bulky camcorder! :)

I can't wait to see pictures you take (because I'm hoping you'll post some on here?? ;)

Lisha Vidler said...

We recently bought the exact same camera! It's astonishingly good, isn't it? My husband took a picture of our cat and you could zoom in to see every single strand of fur on his nose! He also took a picture of a doll costume I recently completed and the quality of that photo was a thousand times better than the images I'd taken with our old compact point-and-shoot camera. Now I need to learn about photography so I can use the camera without getting confused by all the settings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails